The Nintendo Switch is simply put a great gaming console. The fact that there’s many different ways to play, hundreds of new games added every month, and great first party support by Nintendo are just a few of the many reasons for the Switch’s success.
You don’t have to take my word for it, you can tell by looking at the Sales for the System and it’s games. In a financial report from Nintendo it was announced that the Nintendo Switch reached 41.67 Million Units at the end of last month. It doesn’t stop there though, Nintendo also announced a revenue of 187.52 Million in software sales.
Nintendo’s first party games have been successful most of the time, if you look at the numbers.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 19.01 million sold.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 15.71 million sold.
- Super Mario Odyssey – 15.38 million sold.
- The Legend of Zelda:
Breath of the Wild – 14.54 million sold
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!/
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.28 million sold.
- Splatoon 2 – 9.28 million sold.
- Super Mario Party – 7.59 million sold.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.59 million sold
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 3.93 million sold.
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 3.13 million sold.
Also, with the release of Luigi’s Mansion 3 (Review Coming Soon) and many other games, it seems things are going great at Nintendo.